- From specification to working silicon – turnkey
- Based on CMOS and BiCMOS processes, from 180 to 65-nm
- RF architecture, with antenna and package co-design
- Circuit design
- Functional verification: system-level, chip-level, and circuit-level
- RF/analog physical implementation
- Physical verification and backannotated functional verification
- Design-for-test (DFT) based on analog test port
- Production test
Our RF team consists of engineers with an average of 15 years of industry experience. They have architected, designed, and taken to production many radio ICs, for many wireless standards, and in many standard CMOS and RF processes. Their successes include 802.11a/b/g, 2G/3G EDGE/GPRS, WCDMA, TDSCDMA, LTE, Bluetooth, and even biomedical implantable radios. See also the page on RF experience.
Like the other most critical forms of IC design, in RF it is imperative to codesign the integrated radio, the IC package, and even part of the PCB and/or antenna. None of these can be an afterthought, and our engineers count them in from the start of a project. It needs to be verified at the architecture and system-level design stage that the combination will work. Another critical issue is integration of a sensitive low-noise radio with a powerful digital block (often at least the baseband processor), which introduces the possibility of noise and interference. Again, our engineers have gone through this many times, and they know what can be made to work, and what is risky. Your project is in good hands.